Technical Support Engineer - MAGMA North America
About MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc.
As a global leader in the metal casting industry for over 25 years, MAGMA continues to provide groundbreaking technology through our proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering. As a company, we are focused on building relationships with our customers that instill confidence in the organizations and engineers that utilize our software. Our goal is to advance the utilization of metal castings, while proactively developing efficient casting processes. Our organization also provides engineering services on a contractual basis, focused customer development, customer support and educational services through MAGMAacademy training events.
The purpose of the Technical Support Engineer position is to provide technical and application support for all MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering software tools that our customers and prospective customers are utilizing. This includes support for those utilizing MAGMASOFT®, but also includes providing technical support with hardware, networks, antivirus, operating systems and other programs or technical components that may be interacting with hardware that MAGMASOFT® is installed on.
If you enjoy working as part of a team, helping people and solving technical challenges, this job is an excellent opportunity for you and we would love to take a look at your resume!
- Provide prompt and courteous support for all support calls and e-mails
◦ Gather and analyze information about issues and determine appropriate measures to arrive at a resolution
◦ Route process or alloy related questions to the appropriate engineer or account manager
◦ Follow up with engineers and account managers to ensure that all calls are being responded to promptly
- Ensure that all support call and e-mail details are being documented in our call tracking system
- Manage the receipt and distribution of software installation kits, software patches, and updates, license keys, etc. as needed
- Engage in proactive internal and external communication to ensure customer satisfaction
- Compile weekly support call statistics to review at weekly support meetings
- Provide technical and functional support to internal staff and management as needed
- Act as a technical liaison with the MAGMA GmbH office in Germany as needed
- Perform additional assignments/tasks requested by management
- A positive attitude about serving and supporting customers
- A bachelor of science degree in computer science, technical or engineering field
- Strong technical knowledge of hardware, operating systems, network configurations
- Experience in a customer support or customer service role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A desire or interest in learning about metal casting processes
- Fluency in English
- Experience using MAGMASOFT®
- Basic knowledge of metal casting processes (High and low pressure die casting, sand casting, permanent mold, and core making processes)
- Ability to utilize computer aided drawing (CAD) software (such as Pro Engineer/Creo or Solidworks)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) software experience
- Knowledge of cluster computers and/or Linux operating systems
- Fluency in Spanish
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, three (3) weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
Please note: for all submissions via email, make sure the Word document extension is .docx or send a pdf, otherwise your email will be rejected by our firewall.
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173