MAGMA Foundry Technologies Inc.
A global leader in the metalcasting industry for over 30 years, we continue to provide technical business solutions through our proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering. We focus on building trusting relationships with our customers that instill confidence in metalcasting and design engineers. Our goal is to advance the utilization of castings, while proactively developing efficient casting processes. Our organization also provides engineering contract services, education through MAGMAacademy events and focused Customer Development and Support.
MAGMA is looking for an Application Engineer who will assist with nurturing and growing MAGMA Foundry Technologies Inc.’s continuous casting customer base in North America. This would include carrying out sales activities, projects related to engineering, software demonstrations, and support and training activities. The individual will work alongside one of our Application Managers. This position is not remote. This position is open for future growth into new business and customer development.
In this role you will
- Utilize MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering on a daily basis to provide knowledge and solutions to MAGMA’s Continuous Casting customer base
- Develop technical materials for presentations and reports
- Communicate, develop and present technical materials at internal meetings, MAGMAacademy training, workshops and seminars, customer locations and conferences
- Work in a team environment and be a self-starter
- Assist account managers with overseeing customer accounts
- Perform engineering project work
- Update and manage internal database software
- Travel to customer sites both domestic and abroad if needed. (Up to 25% travel)
- B.S. in an Engineering, Technology, or Manufacturing related field
- Thrives to working in a changing environment and a drive to assist in the sales process and expanding the continuous casting market
- 2- 5 years of experience in a slab, billet, or bloom steel continuous cast facility
- Strong background in continuous casting processes (Metallurgy, Caster Operations, Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, or other technical positions)
- Strong background in defect analysis (identifying and providing solutions to breakouts, oscillation marks, reoxidation control, caster quality defects, etc.)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to utilize CAD software (Pro Engineer, Solidworks or Catia)
- Career passion for continuous casting
- 2-5 years of modeling experience focused in mold-metal boundary conditions, thermal field distribution in the strand, crack prediction, and segregation
- Experience in
- Mold flux selection for steel application
- Mold design including primary cooling and mold taper
- Secondary cooling and roller layout design
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) related to casting stress/distortion
- Sandler Sales Training knowledge (Foundations or Mastery Certified)
MAGMA Foundry Technologies offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, 15 days of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.
How to Apply
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. U.S. immigration employer sponsorship is not provided.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
Resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format.
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173