MAGMA Foundry Technologies Inc.
MAGMA is a global leader in the metal casting industry for over 30 years. We provide technical business solutions through our proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering. We focus on building trusting relationships with our customers that instill confidence in metal casting and design engineers. Our goal is to advance the utilization of castings, while proactively developing efficient casting processes. Our organization also provides engineering contract services, education through MAGMAacademy events, and focused Customer Development and Support.
The purpose of the Application Engineering position is to assist with supporting and growing MAGMA’s iron customer base. This would include carrying out projects related to engineering, software demonstrations, support and our training academy. The individual would be working within our Iron Focus Group, which would include collaborating with other application engineers, support engineers and application managers. This position is open for future growth into new business, customer development and education along with technical support.
- Utilize MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering on a daily basis to assist with providing knowledge and solutions to MAGMA’s iron customer base
- Involved in developing technical materials for presentations and reports
- Communicate, facilitate, and present technical materials at internal meetings, MAGMAacademy training, workshops and seminars, customer locations, and conferences
- Work in a team environment and also have the ability to be a self-starter
- Assist account managers with overseeing customer accounts
- Perform engineering project work
- Update and manage internal database software (Help Desk, etc)
- Travel to customer sites both domestic and abroad if needed. (Up to 25% travel)
- Career passion for metal casting
- B.S. in an Engineering, Technology, or Manufacturing related field
- 2 - 5 years of experience in an iron metal casting facility
- Strong background in metal casting processes (Metallurgy, Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, Casting Design or other technical positions)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to utilize 3D CAD software (Solidworks, Catia, etc)
- 1-3 years of MAGMASOFT® or any casting process simulation experience focused in iron applications (Gray/Ductile/CGI)
- Experience in
- Autonomous Engineering (DoE’s and Optimization)
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) related to casting stress/distortion
- Some Spanish or French is a plus
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including a generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, 3 weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.
How to Apply
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. U.S. immigration employer sponsorship is not provided.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
Resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format.
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173