About MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc.
A global leader in the metal casting industry for over 25 years, we continue to provide technical business solutions through our proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering. We focus on building trusting relationships with our customers that instill confidence in metal casting and design engineers. Our goal is to advance the utilization of castings, while proactively developing efficient casting processes. Our organization also provides engineering contract services, education through MAGMAacademy training events and focused Customer Development and Support.
The purpose of the Non Ferrous Project Engineering position is to assist in growing our customer base. This would include conducting and managing projects related to engineering services, software demonstrations, support and our training academy. The individual will be working with staff from several departments as well as customers. This position is a stepping stone for future growth within our organization in the areas of new business development, customer management, support and MAGMAacademy.
- Utilize MAGMASOFT® on a daily basis to provide insight and solutions to MAGMA’s Non Ferrous customer base
- Involved in developing technical materials for presentations and reports
- Communicate, facilitate and present technical materials at internal meetings, MAGMAacademy workshops, seminars, customer locations and conferences
- Be a self-starter while working in a team environment
- Assist account managers with overseeing customer accounts
- Travel to customer sites both domestic and abroad if needed (Up to 25% travel)
- Assist and conduct training programs after a reasonable acclamation period by training customers on Level 1 MAGMASOFT® through MAGMAacademy
- B.S. in Engineering, Technology, or Manufacturing related field
- 2-5 years of experience in the Non Ferrous (Aluminum or Magnesium) metalcasting industry
- Strong background in metal casting processes (Metallurgy, Process Engineering, Quality Engineering, Casting Design or other technical positions)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to utilize CAD software (Pro Engineer, Solidworks or Catia)
- Career passion for metalcasting
- Fluent in English
- MAGMASOFT® experience
- Some background experience in processes such as heat treatment and sand core production
- Experience with carrying out design of experiments, autonomous engineering, Six Sigma, statistics
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) related to casting stress/distortion
- Fluent in Spanish
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, three (3) weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
Please note: for all submissions via email, make sure the Word document extension is .docx or send a pdf, otherwise your email will be rejected by our firewall.
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173