MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. seeks an Application Manager - Core and Mold in Schaumburg, IL to conduct technical engineering sales for autonomous engineering core and mold making and metal casting process simulation software through facilitating technical sales presentations, materials, demonstrations and managing internal database software; Utilize autonomous engineering core and mold and metal casting process simulation software to provide knowledge and training and assist with technical solutions for customers using statistical tools.
- Conduct application training courses of foundry processes;
- Perform account management of current customers and develop and close sales with new prospects in the U.S. Canada and Mexico;
- Develop technical materials for public speaking presentations, customer reports and write technical papers to be published in metal casting engineering journals;
- Apply knowledge of engineering and design principles such as review and analysis of mechanical equipment, systems and processes used in the foundry industry;
- Utilize detailed knowledge of core and mold and metal casting processes including standardization, statistical analysis, application, casting quality methods, casting defects and development of high integrity castings;
- Utilize knowledge of design sand core tooling utilizing core and mold simulation software and CAD, statistical analysis in troubleshooting horizontal and vertical core making production and foundry metalcasting applications;
- Perform technical feasibility studies using statistical tools and core and mold making experience, including project analysis, reading and preparing technical presentations and specifications for product design and process changes;
- Coordinate specialized engineering designs to develop customized solutions for internal software development, foundry equipment and processes;
- Provide technical assistance to project and support engineers on core and mold and casting processes and the implementation of software results to run engineering projects and to support customer base.
- Travel throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico up to 20% of the time. Travel frequency may be 1-2 days per week, 1-4 trips per month, up to 30 trips per year.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Industrial Design, Materials Science and Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering (will accept foreign educational equivalent)
- 2 years of experience with each of the following (Experience could have been gained in any job title):
- Design sand core tooling utilizing core and mold simulation software and CAD
- Use of statistical analysis in troubleshooting horizontal and vertical core making production
- Experience in foundry metalcasting applications.
- Position requires travel throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico up to 20% of the time. Travel frequency may be 1-2 days per week, 1-4 trips per month, up to 30 trips per year.
Email resume to: Show email