About MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc.
A global leader in the metal casting industry for over 25 years, we continue to provide technical business solutions through our proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering. We focus on building trusting relationships with our customers that instill confidence in metal casting and design engineers. Our goal is to advance the utilization of castings, while proactively developing efficient casting processes. Our organization also provides engineering contract services and customer development through education in our MAGMAacademy training and customer support arena.
We are looking for an adult educator to join our MAGMAacademy team. The person will facilitate, conduct and administer training programs at MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. We provide the leading casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT®, to the North American foundry industry. We are seeking a highly motivated trainer who wants to work in a fun, rewarding environment teaching high-tech software to a diverse clientele. This person will also be asked to assist with other related projects such as meetings and seminars.
- Teach basic training courses for all casting process modules of MAGMASOFT® covering all industry relevant casting processes:
- Gravity sand and permanent mold casting
- Low and high pressure die casting
- Investment casting
- Sand core production
- Work closely with MAGMAacademy administration staff during the trainee's initial contact stages
- Be able to provide additional course recommendations and evaluate/assess the trainee's current skill set
- Assist staff with training classes, prepare training hardware, manuals, sample projects and post-course wrap-up/evaluation
- Create video & online tutorials to supplement in-house training sessions
- Be a self-starter that provides input on how MAGMAacademy can grow to further assist our customer base
- Communicate to Training Manager and Application Managers on trainee's performance, training materials and/or any other information related to customer feedback
- Travel to customer sites and Universities both domestic and abroad if needed (Up to 25% travel)
- Over time, the scope of this position may change as the employee gains knowledge of both casting processes and simulation technology
- B.S. in Engineering, Technology, or Manufacturing related field
- Some experience in a training or tutoring environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to be engaging, friendly, tolerant and entertaining in a training environment
- Interest in the field of metalcasting
- Fluent in English
- MAGMASOFT® experience
- Foundry or high pressure die casting knowledge
- Ability to utilize CAD software (Pro Engineer, Solidworks or Creo)
- Experience with carrying out design of experiments, autonomous engineering
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) related to casting stress/distortion
- Fluent in Spanish
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, three (3) weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
Please note: for all submissions via email, make sure the Word document extension is .docx or send a pdf, otherwise your email will be rejected by our firewall.
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173