Improvements are only possible when you systematically implement knowledge of the metal casting process. Simulation software from MAGMA is based not only on physics and mathematics, but also integrates a comprehensive database of knowledge. No information regarding a simulation project is ever lost – all results are quickly and easily accessible to by your employees for years to come.
The quality of the cores and molds plays a significant role in the resulting casting quality. With increasing casting complexity, the production of cores and molds becomes a determining factor for casting manufacturing. Therefore MAGMA also offers software for core and mold production. MAGMA C+M is also available as a stand-alone application, independent of MAGMA5.
MAGMA C+M is available as a stand-alone core simulation software or as a functionally equivalent add-on module for MAGMA5.
As a powerful simulation tool, MAGMA C+M turns core production into a calculable and optimizable activity. Core shooting, core curing and the thermal control of core boxes can be analyzed to find the best solution.
Core shooting simulation including shot cylinder for a multi-cavity core box
MAGMA C+M supports core and mold manufacturers by offering:
Real core and simulation: Analysis and causes of defect
- Process transparency and feasibility evaluation
- Rapid construction of core shooting tools
- Reproducible density and sound sand cores
- Robust process parameters for production
- Reduction of material usage
- Reduction of development time to series production
- Economical and ecological production of cores
MAGMA C+M offers
- Robust prediction of the shooting behavior of complex cores for organic and inorganic binder systems
- Flexible optimization of nozzles and venting conditions
- Consideration of the shoot head
- Integrated simulation of shooting and curing behavior
- Gassing and purging and curing for coldbox cores
- Layout and temperature control for hot core boxes
- Prediction of the curing reaction for hotbox cores with organic and inorganic binder systems
Cured peripheral shell of a real core (a) and peripheral shell cross-sections at different positions of a simulated core (b). When the binder water content drops below a predefined value, the core is cured. The peripheral core shell can be examined at arbitrary positions.