About MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc.
MAGMA Inc. is a global leader in the North American metal casting industry for over 29 years. We provide technical business solutions through our proprietary casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering. We focus on building trusting relationships with our customers that instill confidence in metal casting and design engineers. Our goal is to advance the utilization of castings, while proactively developing efficient casting processes. Our organization also provides engineering contract services, education through MAGMAacademy events, and focused Customer Development and Support.
The purpose of the Project Engineering position is to assist in growing our customer base. This would include conducting and managing projects related to engineering services, software demonstrations, support, and our training academy. The individual will be working with staff from several departments as well as customers. This position is a stepping stone for future growth within our organization such as; new business development, customer management, support and MAGMAacademy.
- Utilize MAGMASOFT® on a daily basis to provide insight and solutions to our customers
- Involved in developing technical materials for presentations and reports
- Communicate, facilitate, and present technical materials at internal meetings, MAGMAacademy workshops, seminars, customer locations, and conferences
- Be a self-starter while working in a team environment
- Assist account managers with overseeing customer accounts
- Travel to customer sites both domestic and abroad if needed. (Up to 25% travel)
- Assist and conduct training programs by educating customers on Level 1 MAGMASOFT® through MAGMAacademy
- B.S. in an Engineering, Technology, or Manufacturing related field
- Career passion for metal casting
- 2 - 5 years of experience in the metal casting industry
- Background in metal casting processes (Metallurgy, Process Engineering, Quality, Design)
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to utilize CAD software (Pro Engineer, Solidworks or Catia)
- MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering experience
- Some background experience in processes such as; heat treatment and sand core production
- Experience with carrying out design of experiments, autonomous optimization, Six Sigma, statistics
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) related to casting stress/distortion
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including a generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, 401k with employer contributions, 3 weeks of vacation to start plus one week vacation over the Christmas Holiday.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship. U.S. immigration employer sponsorship is not provided.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
Resume and cover letter must be in .docx or .pdf format.
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173