MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. is looking for someone with the right combination of skills to join our engineering education team in the MAGMAacademy. This person will organize, schedule, coordinate, facilitate, and conduct training programs both at MAGMA and occasionally offsite at customer locations. MAGMA provides the leading casting process simulation software, MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering, to the North American foundry industry. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with exceptional communication and organization skills to work in a fun, rewarding environment, coordinating and teaching high-tech software to a diverse clientele as well as assist with other related projects such as technical seminars and workshops.
- Assist with the scheduling of training sessions and coordination with marketing, account managers, course instructors and administrative staff.
- Work intensively with our in house database system to identify trainee status, generate contact lists, and verify eligibility for upcoming training programs.
- Work closely with customers at the initial contact stages and be able to provide course recommendations, registration information, and evaluate/assess their current skill set.
- Preparation of training computer hardware, geometry, training manuals, sample projects and post-course wrap-up/evaluation.
- Review course content for relevance, appearance, and effectiveness.
- Continuous improvement of training materials.
- Teach basic training courses for process modules of MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering software.
- Communicate to Account Managers the trainee’s performance and circumstances/culture of the trainee’s employer.
- Communicate to the Manager of MAGMAacademy any inconsistencies with hardware, software, training materials or any issues related to customer feedback.
- Oversee our 23 university educational license holders and assist them in development of content for their curriculum.
- Create video and online tutorials to supplement in-house training sessions.
- Occasional travel to customer sites, both domestic and abroad, for training sessions and meetings.
- Over time, the scope of this position may change as the employee gains knowledge of both casting processes and simulation technology. However, this is primarily a training position.
- B.A. or B.S. in an Engineering, Technology, Industrial Education, Industrial Management or a
Manufacturing related field.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Adept in all Microsoft Office products. (PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Ability to learn a highly technical engineering software.
- Ability to be engaging, friendly, tolerant and entertaining in a training environment.
- Interest in the field of metal casting.
- Some prior management experience.
MAGMASOFT® autonomous engineering software experience, experience in the field of metalcasting or die casting, CAD experience, experience with simulation tools, experience with gating/rigging/tooling of castings, casting design, casting defect analysis, casting costing.
Spanish language skills.
MAGMA Foundry Technologies, Inc. offers a competitive starting salary with excellent benefits including generous health care insurance package, HSA account with employer contributions, and 401k with employer contributions.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: Show email
MAGMA FOUNDRY TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Attn: Human Resource Department
10 North Martingale Road, Suite 425
Schaumburg, IL 60173